Served with a punchy ginger dressing this Puy lentil salad packs a lot of flavours.
Served with a punchy ginger dressing this Puy lentil salad packs a lot of flavours. High in dietary fibre and plant-based proteins, this recipe can be enjoyed for lunch or as a light dinner.
Filled with nutritional goodness from lentils, beetroot, orange, and spinach, it makes a complete meal. Pecans and crumbled feta add crunch and creaminess. You can omit the feta if you prefer a vegan option.
This is a quick and easy recipe with minimum cooking and lots of fresh ingredients. You can speed things even more by using pre-cooked lentils. It works also very well with beluga lentils.
Winter Puy Lentil Salad with Beetroot, Orange and Spinach [vegetarian]
- sharp knife
- mixing bowl
- 100 g puy lentil
- 250 g cooked beetroot
- 1 small orange
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 handful pecan nuts
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tsp of maple syrup or sugar
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling, add the lentils and cook for around 10-15 mins until cooked (they should still be holding their shape). When done, drain and set aside to cool.
- Slice beetroots. Peel and segment the orange. Cut each segment into smaller chunks.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together. Season to taste.
- When ready to serve, place cooled lentils on a serving dish. Add beetroots, orange, spinach, pecan nuts and crumbled feta cheese. Toss in dressing.
I cannot wait to see your posts!