This is such an easy recipe that you can serve on its own or as a side dish.
This is such an easy recipe that you can serve on its own or as a side dish. I like to eat it with some warm pitta bread.
Make sure you use both the stalk (cutting it into thin slices ) and the florets (also cut into thin slices). This salad is also delicious entirely raw without cooking the broccoli. Personally, I prefer it with cooked broccoli as otherwise, the stalk can be a bit tough.
You can prepare this salad up to 3 hours ahead.
Zesty Chickpea & Broccoli Salad With Curried Vinaigrette [vegan] [gluten free]
- mandoline or vegetable peeler
- mixing bowl
- 1 broccoli
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 1 orange pepper
- 3 spring onions
- 2 handfuls pitted black olives
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- small bunch of coriander
- 2 handfuls flaked almonds
- If you are cooking the broccoli, heat some water in a saucepan. If you prefer eating it raw, jump to step #4.
- Slice the broccoli florets very finely with a sharp knife. With a mandoline or vegetable peeler shave the broccoli stalk lengthwise into thin slices.
- When the water is boiling, blanch the broccoli for 2 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, maple syrup, curry powder, turmeric, crushed garlic and ginger.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the olives into thin slices. Cut the orange pepper into small dice. Place the vegetables all in a salad bowl.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Add to the salad bowl followed by the broccoli, finely chopped spring onion and finely chopped coriander. Toss everything in the curried vinaigrette.
- Toast the flaked almonds in a pan. Sprinkle on top of salad just before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!