Shorter nights and colder weather is closing in. Time to snuggle up and feast on soups, casseroles and curries.
Here is a list of seasonal food for November and which vegetables and fruits to look for and enjoy. Also I have included some of my favourite recipes. Feel free to share yours with us.
- Artichoke – the easiest and most delicious way I cook it is Artichoke Vinaigrette
- Beetroot – enjoy roasted or in salad, risotto, pasta or vegan cakes.
- Butternut Squash – the king of the squash is so versatile you can make soups, curries, casseroles or salads.
- Carrots – eat it raw or cooked. Perfect in salads, soups casseroles etc…
- Cauliflower – Bill Clinton recently recommended “whipped cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes.” Eat it raw or cooked. Perfect in gratin, curries or casseroles.
- Celeriac – a favourite in our house. Great roasted, perfect in soups, delicious in gratins.
- Kale – superfood king. Great raw or cooked.
- Leek – perfect in soups, gratins, quiches or simply steamed with a drizzle of vinaigrette.
- Marrow – make a thrifty meal with stuff marrow that will feed a crowd.
- Parsnip – perfect for soups or simply roasted.
- Pumpkin – another squash delicious in soups, curries, casseroles or cakes.
- Swede & Turnip – makes a nice addition to soups. You can also simply fry it in butter.
- Wild Mushrooms – perfect seasonal foraging food.
Recipes To Try This November