January is a popular month for detox after the excesses of the holiday season. But of course you can choose to detox at any time of the year.
Whether you embark on a multi-weeks or 2-day detox, you can feel the benefits of a plant-based diet. It can help reconnect your body by boosting your immune system, eliminating toxins and giving your digestive system a break. Detox can also be helpful in shifting a few pounds.
You can feel the benefits of detox (such as increased energy) even after a short period. Personally the added bonus of detox is that it always has a positive effect on my mood!
How to start a gentle detox?
- Choose simple and healthy food with a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water to help eliminate toxins.
- Have plenty of Vitamin C.
- Relax and take some time to pause.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Stay clear of processed food, gluten, dairy, coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, refined sugars, saturated fats, meat and fish.
Some of my favourite and most effective detox recipes include: garlic, ginger, kale, broccoli, beetroot, brown rice, watercress, cabbage, lemons, oranges, green tea, spinach, carrots, artichokes, spirulina, alfafa, miso and avocado .
Below I have rounded up some of my favourite detox (mostly vegan) recipes from around the web.
10 Best Detox Recipes
Do you have a favourite detox recipe? Share it with us below!