3 Beans and Lentils Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 500g fresh peas (shelled) [1 lb]
- 500g fresh broadbeans (shelled) [1 lb]
- 200g puy lentils [UK 7 oz/ US 1 cup]
- 400g can of chickpeas (drained) [UK 14 oz/ US 2 cups]
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- 250g cherry tomatoes [UK 8.8 oz/ US 1 ½ cups]
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper
- Heat salted water in a pan. Throw in the lentils until cooked but still firm (around 15mins). Drain when cooked. Place in a bowl with 2 Tbsp of rice vinegar. Toss well and leave to cool down.
- Heat salted water in a large pan. When boiling add broadbeans for 2 mins and then add the peas for another 2mins. Drain broadbeans and peas. Leave to cool down.
- In a salad bowl add red pepper cut in 1 cm (0.4 inch) dices. Add finely chopped onion. Add cherry tomatoes cut in half and drained chickpeas. Add lentils, peas and broadbeans. Mix well.
- Make the dressing in another bowl by mixing garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard.
- Add dressing to salad and mix well. Add shredded basil and mint. Season to taste. Mix well.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
A food enthusiast, Annabelle Randles loves cooking all type of cuisines and experimenting with flavours, herbs and spices. French carnivore by birth she is now a flexitarian and truly enjoying ...Read more about this chef..
Such a simple yet delicious recipe which gets the thumbs...
I love making my own granola. I use less fat, less sugar...
For a snack with a kick try these Raw Chocolate &...
These low sugar muffins are perfect for breakfast or snack....