3 Beans and Lentils Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 500g fresh peas (shelled) [1 lb]
- 500g fresh broadbeans (shelled) [1 lb]
- 200g puy lentils [UK 7 oz/ US 1 cup]
- 400g can of chickpeas (drained) [UK 14 oz/ US 2 cups]
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- 250g cherry tomatoes [UK 8.8 oz/ US 1 ½ cups]
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper
- Heat salted water in a pan. Throw in the lentils until cooked but still firm (around 15mins). Drain when cooked. Place in a bowl with 2 Tbsp of rice vinegar. Toss well and leave to cool down.
- Heat salted water in a large pan. When boiling add broadbeans for 2 mins and then add the peas for another 2mins. Drain broadbeans and peas. Leave to cool down.
- In a salad bowl add red pepper cut in 1 cm (0.4 inch) dices. Add finely chopped onion. Add cherry tomatoes cut in half and drained chickpeas. Add lentils, peas and broadbeans. Mix well.
- Make the dressing in another bowl by mixing garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard.
- Add dressing to salad and mix well. Add shredded basil and mint. Season to taste. Mix well.
- Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
A food enthusiast, Annabelle Randles loves cooking all type of cuisines and experimenting with flavours, herbs and spices. French carnivore by birth she is now a flexitarian and truly enjoying ...Read more about this chef..
A few weeks ago I received a beautiful hamper from...
Earthy, green and intense this vegan ice cream has a...
Juicy grilled peaches with tender fennel and lamb’s lettuce. This...
Tomato, cucumber and Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces cooked in...