Asian Asparagus Salad With Peanuts and Mint Dressing [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 250g asparagus [8 oz]
- 100g soba noodles [3.5oz]
- 4 Tbsp olive oil or sunflower oil
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 50g roasted peanuts chopped coarsely [1.75 oz]
- salt & pepper
- Heat some salted water in 2 separate pans.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by mixing together oils, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, sugar and mint.
- Chop peanuts and reserve on the side.
- When water is boiling, cook asparagus for 3 mins in one of the pan and soba noodles (also for 3-4 mins) in the other pan.
- Drain asparagus when cooked. Drain soba noodles separately and rinse them under cold water so they do not stick together.
- Serve on two plates sharing soba noodles and asparagus evenly.
- Add dressing on top followed by a generous sprinkle of peanuts.
A food enthusiast, Annabelle Randles loves cooking all type of cuisines and experimenting with flavours, herbs and spices. French carnivore by birth she is now a flexitarian and truly enjoying ...Read more about this chef..
A few weeks ago I received a beautiful hamper from...
Earthy, green and intense this vegan ice cream has a...
Juicy grilled peaches with tender fennel and lamb’s lettuce. This...
Tomato, cucumber and Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces cooked in...