Asian Coleslaw [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 500g red cabbage [1.1 lbs]
- 500g white cabbage [1.1 lbs]
- 300g carrots [10.5 oz]
- 250ml rice vinegar + 5 Tbsp [UK 8.8 fl oz / US 1 cup ]
- 200g caster sugar [UK 7 oz / US 1 cup ]
- 4cm fresh ginger root (peeled & grated) [1.5 inch]
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 lime juice
- 200g roasted peanuts (roughly chopped) [UK 7 oz / US 1 ¼ cup ]
- Shred finely both red and white cabbages.
- Place into a large salad bowl with 250ml [UK 8.8 fl oz / US 1 cup ] rice vinegar and caster sugar. Mix well. Set aside covered for 30mins.
- In the meantime make the dressing by mixing sesame oil, 5 tbsp rice vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, vegetable oil and lime juice.
- Shred the carrots.
- When cabbage mixture is ready, strain in a colander and press so that to remove excess liquid.
- Add carrots and mix well.
- Pour dressing over the cabbages and carrots. Add peanuts. Mix well.
- Can be done a day ahead. Keep refrigerated.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |