Asparagus Risotto [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 1 bunch of asparagus (trimmed)
- 350g arborio rice [UK 12 oz / US 1 ¾ cup]
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 50g butter [UK 1.75 oz / US 1/4 cup]
- 1 litre (or more) Vegetable stock hot [UK 1.75 pint / US 4 cups]
- 175ml dry white wine [UK 6 fl oz / US 3/4 cup]
- Salt Pepper
- 150g vegetarian parmesan style cheese [UK 5 oz / US 2 cups)]
- Trim the asparagus. Cut the spears and put them aside. Cut the rest of the stalks in chunks of about 1.5cm length.
- Melt the butter in a large shallow pan. Add shallots and garlic and fry slowly.
- Once the shallots and garlic have softened add the asparagus stalks and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice so it is coated by the butter.
- Turn up the heat and add the wine.
- Once the wine has been absorbed add 250ml (UK 8 fl oz / US 1 cup) of stock to the risotto.
- Wait for the rice to absord the stock and add another 250ml (UK 8 fl oz / US 1 cup) of stock.
- Repeat again step 7 and add another 250ml (UK 8 fl oz / US 1 cup) of stock plus the asparagus spears.
- Wait for the rice to asbord the stock and add another 250ml (UK 8 fl oz / US 1 cup) of stock.
- Check if the rice is cooked, add more stock if necessary. Rice should be creamy.
- Stir in parmesan. Season to taste.
This butternut & spinach curry makes a hearty and healthy...
This warming Moroccan sweet potato soup is served with crunchy...
This mild cauliflower & red lentil curry makes a quick...
This delicious roasted carrot and parsnip salad is tossed in...