Banana Raisin Muffins [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 250g spelt flour [8.8 oz/ US 2 cups]
- 150g light brown muscovado sugar [5.3 oz/ US 1 cup]
- 2 handfuls sultanas
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75ml vegetable oil [UK 2.5 fl oz / US 1/3 cup]
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Place 12 large paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Prepare chia egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 3 Tbsp of water. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Put sultanas in a bowl. Pour boiling water to cover. Set aside.
- Sieve flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt in the large bowl of a food processor.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas. Add oil, chia egg. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture plus drained sultanas to the dry ingredients. Blend until well combined.
- Carefully spoon into each muffin paper baking case in muffin tin to 3/4 height.
- Place in the oven for about 20-25 mins. Insert a skewer to check they are cooked. Skewer should come out clean.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |