Broccoli & Stilton Muffins [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 250g broccoli [8.8 oz]
- 150g mushroom [5.3 oz]
- 125g stilton [4.4 oz]
- 75g sun dried tomato in oil [2.6 oz]
- 4 organic eggs
- 125g plain white flour [4.4oz]
- 125g spelt flour [4.4oz]
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 5 springs of fresh thyme
- 75ml olive oil [2.5 fl.oz. 1/3 cup]
- 75ml semi skimmed milk [2.5 fl.oz. 1/3 cup]
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Place 12 large paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry chopped mushrooms and broccoli gently with garlic for 10 mins until soft.
- Mix flours with baking powder in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add eggs one by one until well blended.
- Add the olive oil then the milk, so that to have a fluid batter.
- Remove frying pan from the heat. Add finely chopped sun dried tomatoes, thyme leaves and crumbled stilton. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the batter, mixing it in delicately
- Carefully spoon into each muffin paper baking case in muffin tin.
- Place in the oven for about 20-25 mins. Insert a skewer to check they are cooked. Skewer should come out clean.
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...
Cooked in a light and fragrant coconut and tomato sauce,...