Brussels Sprouts, Chickpeas & Pomegranate Chipotle Salad with Tahini Maple Dressing [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 500g Brussels sprouts [1.1 lb]
- 1 medium red onion
- 400g can chickpeas [14 oz]
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 to 1 chipotle chile
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1 generous handful flaked almonds
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Clean Brussels sprouts by cutting the end and removing any damaged leaves. Cut them in half.
- Peel onion and cut into fine slices.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and onion in 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil. Place on a oven tray and roast from 20-25 mins. Give vegetables a shake after 15 mins.
- Make dressing by mixing together tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic and finely cut chipotle.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and place in a separate bowl.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add drained chickpeas to the tray. Return to the oven for 5 mins so they heat through.
- Remove vegetables and chickpeas from the oven. Transfer to a salad bowl. Add dressing on top, followed by pomegranate seeds. Add almond and parsley leaves. Toss together. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.
These aubergine roll-ups are smothered in a light sauce and...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |