Butternut Squash & Apple Soup [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1kg butternut squash [2.2 lbs]
- 500g bramley apples [1.1 lbs]
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cm ginger root [1.1 inch]
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 11/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp paprika
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock [UK 2.6 pints / US 6 1/2 cups]
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- bunch of fresh coriander.
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Gently fry finely chopped onion and crushed garlic until soft. Add ginger, cumin, coriander and paprika. Fry together for 2 mins.
- Peel & core butternut squash and apples. Cut in 2 cm dice.
- Add butternut and apples to the saucepan. Pour stock on top.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to gently cook for 20 mins until vegetables and fruits are soft.
- Liquidise to a soup texture. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves just before serving.
This Thai Red Lentil Soup makes a warming and comforting...
Cooked in creamy coconut milk, this Golden Rice with Kale...
This roasted butternut on toast recipe makes a tasty lunch...
Hearty and delicious, this meat-free spaghetti squash bolognese recipe makes...