Celeriac, Pear and Leek Soup [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 800g celeriac [1 ¾lb]
- 150g leek [5 oz]
- 350g pear [12 oz]
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 onion
- 1 handful of fresh rosemary leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock [UK 2 ¾ pints / US 6 cups]
- nutmeg (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil and gently fry the finely chopped onion with the garlic and rosemary for 5 mins or so until soft and golden.
- Peel the celeriac and cut in 2cm dice.
- Chop the leeks roughly.
- Cut pears roughly removing stalks and seeds.
- Add celeriac, leeks and pears to the saucepan with the vegetable stock. Mix well and fry gently for 5mins.
- Bring to the boil, then cook under medium heat covered for 20mins.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, liquidise the soup and season to taste.
- If desired, serve with a dash of fresh nutmeg on top.
Burgers are always popular with everyone and this vegan recipe...Recipe by Love Watercress |
These Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping...Recipe by Love Watercress |