Coconut, banana and mango give this granola a real tropical taste. Feel free to adapt with your favourite fruits and nuts.
Coconut Granola [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 200g rolled oats [UK 7oz / US 2 cups]
- 100g rolled oats ground to flour [UK 3.5oz / US 1 cup]
- 150g shredded coconut [UK 5oz / US 1 1/2 cups]
- 100g light brown soft sugar [UK 3.5oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 150g dairy free butter [UK 5oz / US 1 cup]
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 2 large handfuls dry banana
- 2 large handfuls dry mango
- 2 large handfuls roughly chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven at 150ºC/300ºF/gas 2.
- Put 100g of rolled oats in a blender and grind them to flour.
- In a food processor bowl (or in a large bowl if you do this by hand) place 200g of rolled oats. Add oat flour, coconut and light soft brown sugar. Mix together.
- Add butter one tablespoon at a time and mix gently together to make clusters (I use the whisk attachment on my KitchenAid blender). Drizzle golden syrup and give it another mix.
- Tip the granola onto a large baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Spread a little as you would do with the top of a crumble. You do not want it too thin.
- Bake for 20 mins. Mix & spread the granola a little bit more. Bake for another 10 mins. Mix and spread again. Give it another 10 mins or so. Switch off the oven and leave granola to "dry" inside for 2 hours or so.
- Mix dry fruits and seeds with toasted oats. Store in an airtight container