Courgette and Ricotta Fritters [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 5 medium courgettes [700g / 1.3 pound]
- 200g ricotta [7 oz]
- 4 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 preserved lemons
- 3 tbsp mint (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp chives (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 jar of roasted peppers
- Fry the ionion and garlic in some olive oil until soft and golden.
- Finely grate the courgettes (with a cheese grater for example)
- Add courgettes to onion and garlic mixture and cook until soft.
- In a separate bowl blend together the eggs, flour and ricotta cheese .
- Add chopped mint, chopped chives and season well.
- Chop the preserved lemon into very very small pieces and add to the egg mixture blending well.
- Add the cooked courgettes, onion and garlic. Blend well.
- Heat some olive in a non-stick frying pan.under medium to high heat (I use a pancake pan)
- Add mixture 1/2 to 3/4 of a ladle per fritter. You should be able to fit 3 fritters at a time.
- Turn each fritter once or twice until brown and firm.
- Serve warm with sliced roasted peppers on top.
Burgers are always popular with everyone and this vegan recipe...Recipe by Love Watercress |
These Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping...Recipe by Love Watercress |