These courgette and ricotta fritters make a delicious vegetarian main course. Using buckwheat flour they are also gluten free. They are better served hot but you can make them ahead and reheat them. The roasted peppers garnish is a lovely addition.
Courgette and Ricotta Fritters [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 5 medium courgettes [700g / 1.3 pound]
- 200g ricotta [7 oz]
- 4 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 preserved lemons
- 3 tbsp mint (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp chives (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 jar of roasted peppers
- Fry the ionion and garlic in some olive oil until soft and golden.
- Finely grate the courgettes (with a cheese grater for example)
- Add courgettes to onion and garlic mixture and cook until soft.
- In a separate bowl blend together the eggs, flour and ricotta cheese .
- Add chopped mint, chopped chives and season well.
- Chop the preserved lemon into very very small pieces and add to the egg mixture blending well.
- Add the cooked courgettes, onion and garlic. Blend well.
- Heat some olive in a non-stick frying pan.under medium to high heat (I use a pancake pan)
- Add mixture 1/2 to 3/4 of a ladle per fritter. You should be able to fit 3 fritters at a time.
- Turn each fritter once or twice until brown and firm.
- Serve warm with sliced roasted peppers on top.