Cucumber Salad [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 medium cucumbers
- juice of 1 to 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp half fat crème fraiche
- chives (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- salt & pepper
- Peel the cucumbers. Cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds in the middle.
- Using a potato peeler thinly slice the cucumbers lengthwise so to have long strips. Alternatively you can cut them with a knife into thin slice.
- Put the cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Put some weight on them such as a plate or pan so that the water drains quicker. Leave to drain for around 2hrs.
- When ready throw the drained water and rinse the cucumber under cold water to eliminate the salt. Press tightly with your hands and/or some kitchen towel to remove as much water as possible.
- In a salad bowl add the cream, lemon juice, garlic and chives. Mix well. Add cucumbers and toss together until well blended. Season to taste with pepper.
- Leave to chill if desired.
This vegan roasted butternut squash salad with bulgur wheat and...Recipe by theflexitarian |
With heap of seasonal vegetables, this Tomato & Kale Pasta...Recipe by theflexitarian |