Grilled Halloumi “Fattoush” Salad [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 medium cucumber
- 350g cherry tomatoes [12 oz]
- 250g halloumi [9oz]
- 2 pita bread
- 290g pitted Kalamata olives [10 oz]
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the halloumi cheese in 1cm slices and place under the grill until lightly browned and crisped on both side. It should take 3 mins on each side.
- In the meantime peel the cucumber. Cut it in 1cm dice.
- Place cucumber dice in a large salad bowl. Add halved cherry tomatoes, olives and herbs. Toss in olive oil and vinegar.
- Toast pita bread.
- Once halloumi is grilled mix it in with the vegetables. Add pita bread cut into small pieces.
- Season to taste and toss everything together.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |