Grilled Ciabatta Sandwich With Homemade Pesto [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 large aubergine
- 1 jar of roasted peppers
- 250g halloumi cheese [8.8 oz]
- 1 olive ciabatta loaf
- homemade pesto
- olive oil
- Put the grill on.
- Cut the aubergine at its widest part. You want 4 slices 1cm thick.
- Cut halloumi cheese horizontally into 4 even slices.
- Place portobello mushrooms and aubergine slices in a dish and brush with olive oil. Place under the grill and cook for 8 mins.
- Flip mushrooms and aubergine slices over. Add halloumi slices next to them. Return to grill for 6 mins, flipping the halloumi slices over after 3 mins to grill them on both sides. Check frequently as depending on the heat of your grill you might want to adjust cooking time slightly.
- Cut ciabatta loaf in half, and cut each half horizontally. Toast each quarter.
- When ready to assemble, spread homemade pesto on each ciabatta quarter. Top each one with 1 slice of grilled halloumi cheese, 1 roasted red pepper and 1 aubergine slice and 1 portobello mushroom.
- Dot aubergine slices and portobello mushrooms with pesto.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |