Homemade Pesto [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 large bunch of basil
- 100ml olive oil [UK 3.4 fl oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 50g pine nuts [1.75 oz]
- 50g vegetarian parmesan style cheese (finely grated) [UK 1.75 oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- salt & pepper
- If using a food processor insert the chopping blade into the bowl of the food processor. Add basil and process until finely chopped. Add crushed garlic and pine nuts and once again process until finely chopped. Put the mixture into a bowl. Add olive oil and parseman and mix well with a fork until well blended. Season to taste.
- If you do not have a food processor you can mash together basil, garlic and pine nuts with a pestle and mortar until you have a paste. Then add olive oil and parseman and mix well with a fork until well blended. Season to taste.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |