Indian Summer Mexican Stew [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchinis)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes [2 x 14oz]
- 2 x 400g can black beans [2 x 14oz]
- 4 Tbsp buckwheat
- 250ml vegetable stock [US 1 cup]
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander [cilantro]
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lime
- 1 large bunch coriander [cilantro]
- chili powder to taste
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry onion and garlic gently for 5 mins.
- Add cumin, coriander, paprika and chili. Fry for another 5 mins.
- Cut courgettes in 2 cm dice. Cut red pepper in 1 cm dice. Remove kernels from sweetcorn cobs and reserve.
- Add courgettes, red pepper and sweetcorn kernels to pan.
- Add canned tomatoes, stock and buckwheat.
- Cook for 20 mins or so until buckwheat is cooked and vegetable are soft.
- Add rinsed black beans, lime juice. Season to taste.
- Just before serving, top with finely chopped fresh cilantro.
This Sausage and Potato Casserole is packed with the smoky...
This delicious butternut squash quinoa casserole makes an easy and...
This Quorn Hotpot zero waste recipe is designed to make...
This delicious Brussels sprout panzanella makes a wonderful winter salad....