Indian Summer Mexican Stew [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 medium courgettes (zucchinis)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes [2 x 14oz]
- 2 x 400g can black beans [2 x 14oz]
- 4 Tbsp buckwheat
- 250ml vegetable stock [US 1 cup]
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander [cilantro]
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lime
- 1 large bunch coriander [cilantro]
- chili powder to taste
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Fry onion and garlic gently for 5 mins.
- Add cumin, coriander, paprika and chili. Fry for another 5 mins.
- Cut courgettes in 2 cm dice. Cut red pepper in 1 cm dice. Remove kernels from sweetcorn cobs and reserve.
- Add courgettes, red pepper and sweetcorn kernels to pan.
- Add canned tomatoes, stock and buckwheat.
- Cook for 20 mins or so until buckwheat is cooked and vegetable are soft.
- Add rinsed black beans, lime juice. Season to taste.
- Just before serving, top with finely chopped fresh cilantro.
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...