Deliciously creamy, this vegetarian Jerusalem Artichoke, Leek & Mushroom Pie makes the best of this season vegetables.
Deliciously creamy, this vegetarian Jerusalem Artichoke, Leek & Mushroom Pie makes the best of this season vegetables. Jerusalem artichokes make a nice change from potatoes.
This dish is perfect for a mid-week dinner or casual entertaining. The cream sauce and fluffy puff pastry make it a very satisfying and comforting meal on a cold day.
This straightforward recipe uses blue cheese but you can substitute for goat cheese or even cheddar cheese if you prefer. To speed things up I choose to use store-bought puff pastry. Make it a one-pot recipe using a hob-to-oven dish.
Serve it hot and bubbly, straight out of the oven with a green salad.
Jerusalem Artichoke, Leek & Mushroom Pie [vegetarian]
- large frying pan
- pie dish
- 450 g Jerusalem artichokes
- 300 g leeks
- 300 g chestnut mushrooms
- 75 g shallots
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 125 ml single cream
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 175 g blue cheese like stilton
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the shallots and garlic. Fry gently until golden.
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes. Clean the leeks and mushrooms. Cut all vegetables in 1cm [0.4 inches] slices.
- Add the vegetables to the frying pan and cook for 10-15 mins until they soften.
- Remove from heat. Add the cream, parsley and crumbled cheese. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Transfer the filling to a pie dish.
- Roll out the puff pastry to fit the pie dish. Fit pastry over the dish. Make a hole in the middle. Make additional pastry decorations if you wish.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg. Cook for 20 mins until golden.
I cannot wait to see your posts!