Kale, Sweet Potato and Rhubarb Tajine [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 1 rating
- 250g rhubarb [8.8oz]
- 200g kale [7oz]
- 350g sweet potato [12oz]
- 400g can chickpeas [14oz]
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- seeds from 6 cardamon pods
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 500ml vegetable stock [US 2 cups]
- 75g dry apricot [3oz]
- 2 handful raisins
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- almonds to serve
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry onion and garlic until soft and golden.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, saffron, paprika, cardamon seeds. Gently fry for a few minutes.
- Add rhubarb cut in 0.5 cm (0.2 inch) slices. Fry for 5 mins.
- Add sweet potato cut in 1 cm (0.4 inch) dice, kale and stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook for 15 mins.
- Mix finely sliced apricots, raisins and drained chickpeas with the vegetables. Cook for another 5 mins. Season to taste.
- Just before serving add lemon juice, chopped coriander and sprinkle with chopped or sliced almonds.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |