Leeks Vinaigrette with Tofu Scramble [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 10-12 baby leeks
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 400g plain tofu [14 oz]
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- extra olive oil
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- Bring some salted water to the boil in a large saucepan. Add leeks and cook for 10-15 mins until tender. Do not overcook. Leeks should soft still have a bite.
- In the meantime heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and golden. Add diced pepper. Cook for another 5 mins until soft.
- Drain tofu and mash with a fork into a scramble.
- Add tofu to the pepper mixture. Add turmeric and nutritional yeast. Blend well. Cook under medium heat, stirring often, until warm.
- Make the vinaigrette in a separate bowl by mixing mustard with vinegar and oil. Blend in soy sauce. Season to taste.
- When the leeks are cooked, drain well. Place them on a plate or serving dish. Add tofu scramble next to them. Sprinkle chopped parsley leaves on top.
- Serve with crusty bread and vinaigrette on the side.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |