Mediterranean Quiche [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 1 rating
- Puff pastry
- 400g cherry tomatoes [14oz]
- 400g pitted Kalamata olives [14oz]
- 1 small bunch basil
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 8 Tbsp double cream
- 150g vegetarian grated cheddar cheese [5oz]
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Line with baking sheet a 31 x 21 x 2 cm (12 x 4.75 x 0.75 inch) rectangular tin. Recipe quantities will also fit a 23cm (9inch) loose-based round tart tin.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to fit tin. Lay pastry at the bottom of the dish.
- In a blender place drained olives, basil, garlic, olive oil and capers. Whizz until you have a chunky paste. You can also chop ingredients by hand if desired.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, thyme, cream and 3/4 of the grated cheese. Season.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Spread evenly olive mixture on top of the pastry, followed by egg mixture. Arrange cherry tomatoes on top, cut side facing down.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top.
- Cook for 30-35mins until golden and set.
- Serve warm.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |