Mung Beans & Chicory Salad With Orange Vinaigrette [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 chicory heads
- 200g mung beans [7 oz / US 1 cup]
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium raw beetroot
- handful dried cranberries
- handful walnuts
- small handful chopped mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 75ml orange juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp pomegranate molasses
- salt & pepper
- Heat some water in a saucepan. Add mung beans when boiling. Cook according to packet instructions. Mung beans should be cooked in 15-20mins (make sure they still have a bite). When cooked, drain mung beans and let them cool down.
- In the meantime make the dressing by mixing together 1 crushed garlic, orange juice, Dijon mustard and pomegranate molasses. Set aside.
- Cut chicory in 1/2cm [0.2 inch] slices. Wash and spin dry. Place chicory in a salad bowl.
- Peel carrot and beetroot.
- When ready to assemble the salad, add mung beans to chicory. Top with grated carrot and beetroot (use the coarse side of a cheese grater). Add cranberries, walnuts, mint. Toss well in orange vinaigrette. Season to taste.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |