Panzanella Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 200g country crusty bread (1 to 2 days old) [7 oz]
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 175ml olive oil [UK 6 Fl.oz / US 3/4 cup)]
- 2-3 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch of basil (shredded)
- jar of 290g [10 oz] of kalamata olives (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Cut the bread into 2.5cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Cut each tomatoes in 8 slices.
- Cut cucumber in 1cm (1/2 inch) cubes.
- Slice red onion finely.
- Mix all the vegetables and the bread in a large salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the vegetable and bread mix. Toss well so that the bread is well coated.
- Add olives plus shredded basil. Toss well to mix.
- Let rest for 30mins before serving.
This butternut & spinach curry makes a hearty and healthy...
This warming Moroccan sweet potato soup is served with crunchy...
This mild cauliflower & red lentil curry makes a quick...
This delicious roasted carrot and parsnip salad is tossed in...