Pear & Fig Tart [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 1 vegan puff pastry (I use Jus-Rol)
- 2 large pears
- 4 figs
- 100g ground almond [3.5oz / US 1 cup]
- 100g caster sugar [3.5oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 100g solid coconut oil [3.5oz / US 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp]
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 Tbsp of water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 handful almond flakes
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- 1 litre water [1.75 pint / US 4 cups]
- 300g caster sugar [10.5oz /US 3 1/2 cups]
- 1 lemon juice
- Make the chia egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 3 Tbsp of water. Mix well. Set aside.
- To prepare syrup, pour 1 litre of water in a large saucepan. Add 300g caster sugar [10.5oz /US 3 1/2 cups] and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Peel, cut in half and core the pears. Poach for 10 minutes in syrup. Drain and set aside.
- Roll the pastry out to fit a 23cm [9 inch] tart tin.
- Make filling by mixing together ground almond, 100g caster sugar, coconut oil, chia egg, vanilla extract and corn flour.
- Spread filling evenly on top of pastry.
- Cut pears in slices and place on top of filling. Add figs cut in 8 in between pears.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Cook for 25-30 mins until golden.
- Once cooked removed tart from the oven. Heat apricot jam in a pan.
- When tart has cooled down, brushed warm apricot jam on top to give it a beautiful shine.
- Serve cold.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |