Portobello Mushrooms & Tofu Scramble Ciabatta Sandwich [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 half ciabatta loaves
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 350g firm tofu [12 oz]
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 jar of Suma Vegan Red Pesto (or equivalent)
- 2 roasted peppers (in a jar)
- small bunch of alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 red onion (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Kalamata olives to serve (optional)
- Put the grill on.
- Place portobello mushrooms in a dish and brush with olive oil. Place under the grill and cook for 8 mins on each side.
- In a saucepan scramble the drained tofu with a fork. Add turmeric, thyme and nutritional yeast. Blend well and cook until warm. Season to taste.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, cut ciabatta loaves in half horizontally and toast.
- Spread pesto inside each toasted ciabatta halves.
- For each sandwich, sprinkle ciabatta bottom with alfalfa sprouts and red onions.
- Stack 2 mushrooms on top, followed by half the tofu scramble and 1 roasted pepper.
- Sprinkle with alfalfa sprouts and cover with ciabatta top.
- Serve with Kalamata olives (optional)
This one-post Mexican quinoa stew makes a hearty and healthy...
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...