This vegetarian provencal quiche is full of flavour. It makes a lovely lunch or a light dinner. Packed with vegetables and goodness.
Provencal Quiche With A Parmesan Crust [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- 150g plain flour [UK 5.3 oz / US 1 ¼ cup]
- 85g unsalted butter (room temperature) [UK 3 oz / US ⅓ cup]
- 60g vegetarian parmesan style cheese [UK 2 oz / US ¾ cup]
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 400g cherry tomatoes [UK 14 oz / US 3 cups]
- 3 organic eggs
- 250ml whipping cream [UK 8.4 fl oz / US 1 cup]
- 100g black olives [UK 3.5 oz]
- 100g cheddar cheese [UK 3.5 oz / US 1 cup]
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC/350ºF/Gas4 Prepare your shortcut pastry by mixing the flour and butter cut into small cubes and mix by hand or food processor on pulse setting until you get a mixture that ressembles breadcrumbs. Add parmesan and thyme leaves. Mix well. Add water one tbsp at a time until mixture comes together as a ball. Roll out the pastry and place in a 25cm loose bottomed tart tin. Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Cut onion and red pepper into small 1/2cm dices. Place into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, cream, olives and grated cheddar cheese to the onion and red pepper mixture. Mix well until blended. Season.
- Arrange evenly cherry tomatoes on the pastry.
- Pour the onion and red pepper mixture on top of the tomatoes. Spread evenly.
- Cook in the oven for 45mins until golden.
- Serve warm with a green salad.
FROM OUR SHOP
Make the best of summer vegetables with this vegan Georgian...Recipe by theflexitarian |
This whole roasted fennel recipe with cherries and pistachios and...Recipe by theflexitarian |