Pumpkin & Apple Ginger Soup [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 600g pumpkin [1.3 lbs]
- 200g apple [7 oz]
- 100g potato [3.5 oz]
- 150g leek [5.3 oz]
- 190g split red lentils [6.7 oz / US 1 cup]
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 1.5 Litre vegetable stock [2.6 pints / US 6 cups]
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- parsley to serve
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic and finely chopped leek. Cook until soft & golden.
- Peel, core and deseed pumpkin and apple. Peel potato. Cut fruit and vegetables in small dice.
- Add diced pumpkin, apple and potato to pan. Add finely grated ginger and lentils. Cover with stock.
- Bring to the boil. Lower the heat then simmer for around 20 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Liquidise the soup. Season to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Simple does it every time! I love these vegan creamy...
This roasted winter squash with creamy lentils recipe makes such...
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...