Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Shiitake Rice Noodles [flexitarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 200g rice noodles [7oz]
- 200g smoked tofu [7oz]
- 250g purple sprouting broccoli [8.8oz]
- 125g shiitake mushrooms [4.4oz]
- 1 large handful beansprouts
- 2 carrots
- 3-5cm grated ginger root
- 2 Tbsp tamarind sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 large shallots (finely sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 spring onion
- fresh coriander
- 1 chilli (finely sliced)
- Heat some water in a large saucepan.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing together in a bowl the tamarind sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, juice of 2 limes, sugar and chilli if using.
- Halve purple sprouting broccoli length wise. Roughly slice shiitake mushrooms. Peel and cut carrots in small matchsticks. Cut smoked tofu in 1 cm [0.4 inch] dice.
- Heat sesame and vegetable oils in a large frying pan or wok. Add finely cut shallots, crushed garlic and grated ginger.
- Cook the rice noodles in the boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Add mushrooms, carrots and purple sprouting broccoli to the frying pan or wok. Fry for 3-5 mins over medium heat. Add beansprouts and diced tofu. Cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Drain noodles and add to vegetables. Pour prepared sauce on top. Cook for a minute or so until all the ingredients have warmed through.
- Serve straight away sprinkled with finely chopped spring onion and coriander leaves.
These aubergine roll-ups are smothered in a light sauce and...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |