Quinoa Lentil Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 200g puy lentils [UK 7oz / US 1 cup]
- 200g quinoa [UK 7oz / US 1 ¼ cup]
- 400g jar roasted red peppers [UK 14oz]
- 4 tomatoes [500g / 1 pound]
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- 2 lemon juice + 1 zest
- 3 Tbsp mint (finely chopped)
- 4 Tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- In a saucepan cook lentils in water for 15-20mins until tender but still firm. Drain Well.
- In another saucepan cook quinoa in water for 15-20mins until tender but still firm. Drain Well.
- Slice roasted red peppers and tomatoes into small 1/2 dices. Mix together in a large bowl.
- Add garlic, red onion, lemon zest and finely chopped herbs. Mix well.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice.
- Once cooked and drained, add the lentils and the quinoa to the tomatoes and red peppers mixture. Stir well.
- Dry toast the fennel seeds in a pan and add to the salad. Mix well.
- Leave to rest for 1 hr or so.
This butternut & spinach curry makes a hearty and healthy...
This warming Moroccan sweet potato soup is served with crunchy...
This mild cauliflower & red lentil curry makes a quick...
This delicious roasted carrot and parsnip salad is tossed in...