Quinoa Tabbouleh [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 250g quinoa [UK 8.8 oz /US 1 ¼ cup]
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 large vine tomatoes
- 100g parsley stalk removed [3.5 oz]
- 2 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 small red onion
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp all spice (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Heat up some salted water in a large pan. Add quinoa and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Grain should be tender but still have a bite to it. Once quinoa is cooked, drained and rinse with cold water. Leave on the side to drain and cool down.
- In the meantime prepare the vegetables. Peel cucumber and chopped very finely into very small dices. Transfer to a salad bowl. Cut tomatoes the same way and transfer in the same bowl making sure you add all the juices. Cut the red onion the same way and add to the rest of the vegetables.
- Chopped the parsley leaves and mint leaves very finely with a knife and add to the vegetable mix.
- Make the dressing in a separate bowl by combining olive oil, juice of 2 lemons with all spice and cinnamon powders (if using). Mix well.
- Transfer quinoa to salad bowl. Mix well with the vegetables. Add dressing. Toss until fully blended.
Burgers are always popular with everyone and this vegan recipe...Recipe by Love Watercress |
These Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping...Recipe by Love Watercress |