Red Rice and Quinoa Winter Salad [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 150g red rice [UK 5oz / US 1 ½ cup]
- 150g quinoa [UK 5oz / US 1 cup ]
- 1 pomegranate
- 250g cooked beetroot [9oz]
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 red onion
- 200g feta cheese [UK 7oz / US 1 ¼ cup ]
- fresh mint (4 heaped Tbsp)
- fresh parsley (4 heaped Tbsp)
- fresh coriander (4 heaped Tbsp)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1-2 lemon juice
- 4-6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat salted water in 2 separate saucepans. Cook red rice in one for 20mins and quinoa in the other for 12 mins. Both should be cooked but still have a bite. Drain when cooked and let red rice and quinoa to cool down.
- Shred the carrot finely in a salad bowl. Add finely chopped red onion plus beetroot cut in 1 cm dice. Add deseeded pomegranate.
- Add red rice and quinoa to salad bowl. Add chopped herbs and crushed garlic. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to taste. Mix well.
- Add crumbled feta cheese. Season to taste.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |