Rhubarb Tart [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 700g rhubarb [1.5 pounds]
- 125g golden caster sugar [4.4oz / US 1/2cup + 1Tbsp]
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 vegan puff pastry (I use Jus-Rol)
- 1 lemon
- Cut rhubarb in 3 cm chunks [1.2 inches].
- Place the rhubarb chunks in a large bowl. Toss with sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger and cornflower. Set aside for 30 mins, mixing now and then.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Roll out puff pastry to fit a rectangular tart tin. Approximatively 31 x 21 x 2 cm (12 x 4.75 x 0.75 inch).
- Arrange rhubarb on top of pastry, pouring juice over the fruits.
- Cook for around 35-40 mins until golden.
- Once cooked removed tart from the oven and let it cooled completely so that the juices thicken.
A food enthusiast, Annabelle Randles loves cooking all type of cuisines and experimenting with flavours, herbs and spices. French carnivore by birth she is now a flexitarian and truly enjoying ...Read more about this chef..
This Vitality Soup was created with the Nutribullet Rx Blender Soup...
This Lentil & Beetroot Salad is enhanced by the beautiful...
Mixed chopped herbs give this Asparagus, Feta & Poached Egg...
With only 3 ingredients, this Mango & Orange Ginger Sorbet makes...