Spiced Parsnip Muffins [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 125g plain flour [4.4 oz / US 1 cup]
- 125g wholemeal flour [4.4 oz / US 1 cup]
- 200g grated parsnip [7 oz]
- 100g golden caster sugar [3.5 oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 60ml maple syrup [ US 1/4 cup]
- 250ml almond milk [8.8 fl oz / US 1 cup]
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp ground spices
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 chia eggs [2 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 Tbsp of water] or 2 beaten organic eggs
- 75ml vegetable oil [2 1/2 fl oz / US 1/3 cup]
- 125g chopped walnuts [4.4 oz]
- Preheat the oven to Fan 180°C / 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Place 12 large paper baking cases in a muffin tin.
- Prepare chia eggs by mixing 2 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 6 Tbsp of water. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Mix 1 Tbsp cider vinegar with almond milk. Set aside.
- Mix flours, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, ground spices, ginger and salt in the large bowl of a food processor.
- Add caster sugar, grated parsnip and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract. Add to dry mix and blend together.
- Add chia eggs and almond milk to the mixture. Blend until all is well combined.
- Carefully spoon into each muffin paper baking case in muffin tin to 3/4 height.
- Place in the oven for around 20-25 mins. Insert a skewer to check they are cooked. Skewer should come out clean.
Bright and colourful this Orange & Black Bean Quinoa Salad...
Bright and colourful this hasselback butternut is served with mushrooms...
This vegan cashew parmesan is brilliant on pasta, pizza, rice,...
This Thai Red Lentil Soup makes a warming and comforting...