Spicy Butternut & Cauliflower Soup With Chipotle [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 800g butternut squash [1.75 lb]
- 2 medium potatoes
- 300g cauliflower [10.5 oz]
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 chipotle (according to personal taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock [2.6 pints / US 6 cups]
- 1 lemon juice
- soya cream or other
- bunch of fresh coriander
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry gently with cumin, ginger and cinnamon.
- Peel butternut and potatoes. Cut in small chunks.
- Cut cauliflower in small florets.
- Add vegetables in the saucepan. Cover with vegetable stock. Add chipotle.
- Bring to a boil. Stir well. Reduce heat and cook for 20 mins until vegetable are soft.
- Liquidise soup. Add lemon juice. Season to taste. Serve with some cream and topped with finely chopped coriander leaves.