Spicy Edamame & Lemongrass Hummus [vegan] [gluten free]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 bowl
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 480g shelled frozen edamame [17 oz]
- 400g can chikpeas [14 oz]
- 1 lemongrass stalk (finely chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove
- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander (stalks removed)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp crushed dried chilli
- ½ tsp red onion (finely chopped)
- 8 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling add edamame beans and cook until just done.
- In the meantime, finely chop the lemongrass .
- Drain chickpeas, reserving the liquid.
- When cooked, drain edamame beans and rinse them under cold water. Drain.
- In a blender, whizz together chickpeas, cooked edamame, garlic, chopped lemongrass, olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, fresh coriander. Add some of the chickpeas reserved liquid. Blend until you have the desired consistency adding more chickpea liquid if needed.
- When done, transfer hummus to a bowl. Season to taste with crushed dried chilli and salt. Add finely chopped red onion.
This Lentil Vegetable Hotpot recipe from Hello Fresh is another...Recipe by theflexitarian |
This vegan Pasta Primavera with Watercress & Almond Pesto is...Recipe by theflexitarian |