The Most Delicious Apple Cake [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 600g cooking apples [1.3 lbs]
- 250g plain flour [8.8 oz / US 2 cups]
- 200g golden caster sugar [7 oz / US 1cup]
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 chia eggs [2 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 Tbsp water]
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 125ml vegetable oil [4.2 fl oz / US 1/2 cup]
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 90g flaked almonds [3 oz / US 1 cup]
- 75g golden caster sugar [2.6 oz]
- 50g dairy free butter [1.75 oz] + extra for greasing
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Make the chia eggs by mixing together 2 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 6 Tbsp of water. Set aside.
- Line the bottom of a springform cake tin with baking sheet. Grease well all over.
- In the bowl of a food processor mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and 200g of golden caster sugar.
- Mash banana. Mix in a bowl with vegetable oil and vanilla. Set aside.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into thin slices.
- Mix the banana mixture in the flour, followed by the chia eggs and the almong milk.
- With a wooden spoon, gently mix the apple slices in the cake batter.
- Pour cake batter into the cake tin. Spread evenly.
- Cook in the oven for 30 mins.
- 5 mins before the end, melt dairy free butter in a saucepan. Add sugar and almond flakes. Mix well together.
- When cake is ready, spread almond mixture evenly on top of cake.
- Return apple cake to the oven for another 10 mins until top is golden and crisp and an inserted cake skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool down in its tin then carefully remove sides of the spring form cake pan. Run a palette or rounded knife on the inside edge of the cake pan first to make sure the cake comes out neatly. Cool completely.
This easy gazpacho recipe is bursting with flavours from fresh...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Burgers are always popular with everyone and this vegan recipe...Recipe by Love Watercress |