These vegan coconut biscuits have a slight crispy crunch and an understated coconut taste.
These vegan coconut biscuits have a slight crispy crunch and an understated coconut taste. Perfect for a coffee or tea break.
I made those vegan coconut biscuits by accident. I am so happy I did because they are just delicious and now stand proudly in my biscuit tin.
You cannot make biscuits in a hurry because the dough is soft and needs to chill so do allow time. You can even make the dough the day before and leave it in the fridge overnight. For best results, I usually put the dough 5-8 mins in the freezer before using so cutting out is easier. Make sure also that you watch the baking time closely. You do not want to overcook them.
Coconut Biscuits [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 200 g dairy-free butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour
- 75 g grated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- In a mixing bowl beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, grated coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating continually until well blended.
- Add the first tablespoon of almond milk making sure it is entirely absorbed before you add the second one.
- The dough will compact together but will be quite sticky.
- Put the dough in the cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30 mins and up to overnight.
- When you are ready to start baking, pre-heat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas 3.
- Place the dough in the freezer for 5-8 mins. Line your work surface with baking parchment.
- When the dough feels hard put it on the baking parchment and dust with some flour. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about 3mm thickness. Cut out the dough with the shape(s) of your choice. Carefully remove the extra dough that does not belong to the shapes you have cut out. Gather the extra dough and put back in the fridge wrapped in cling film.
- Carefully place the baking parchment on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 mins. Start watching closely at around 20 mins. You do not want to overcook the biscuits or they will be too hard. They should be a light golden colour. Cool biscuits on a wire rack.
- Repeat from Step 8 with the remaining of the dough.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!