This vegan no-chicken coronation sandwich is so delicious I could eat it every day. High in fibre and iron with no chicken in sight.
This recipe makes enough spread to fill two large sandwiches. Quick and easy, this is a great lunch box recipe for both adults and kids.
No-Chicken Coronation Sandwich [vegan]
Disclaimer: the equipment list above includes affiliate links to products I use and like.
- 400 g can of chickpeas
- 4 tsp of mango chutney
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves – finely chopped
- dash of cinnamon
- In a blender, whizz the drained chickpeas to a paste with the lime juice (you can also do this by hand with a fork or potato masher).
- Transfer to a bowl. Mix the curry powder in, followed by the mango chutney and cinnamon. Work with a fork so everything is well blended.
- Mix the chopped coriander leaves to the paste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Spread on your favourite bread.
Find this recipe online:
I cannot wait to see your posts!