Curried Lentil Quiche with Comté [flexitarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 150g puy lentils [5.3 oz / US 3/4 cup]
- 100g Comté Cheese [3.5 oz]
- 250ml double cream [8.8 fl oz / US 1 cup]
- 2 tsp mild currry powder
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 puff pastry
- vegetable stock to cook lentils in
- salt & pepper
- Heat some stock in a saucepan. When boiling add the lentils and cook until done (they should still have a bit). Drain lentils well when done.
- Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry and place in a Ø 26cm / 10.2 inch loose bottomed tart tin.
- Mix together eggs, grated cheese, double cream and curry powder. Season to taste.
- Spread cooked lentils evenly on top of pastry.
- Pour cream mixture evenly on top.
- Cook for 20-25 mins until golden all over.
- When done leave 10 mins to rest outside the oven before serving.
Burgers are always popular with everyone and this vegan recipe...Recipe by Love Watercress |
These Chocolate, Orange & Watercress Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Topping...Recipe by Love Watercress |