The rich and creamy base of this Spinach & Mushroom Mascarpone Quiche makes the perfect contrast with the vegetable filling.
A quick and fuss-free recipe to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Serve with a crunchy green salad.
Spinach & Mushroom Mascarpone Quiche [vegetarian]
- loose bottomed tart tin
- Frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 250 g spinach
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 80 g extra mature cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to Fan 180°C 200°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Roll out the puff pastry to fit a rectangular tart tin. Approximatively 31 x 21 x 2 cm (12 x 4.75 x 0.75 inch). Prick the pastry all over with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry gently until soft.
- Add the roughly chopped spinach and sliced mushrooms. Cook until the spinach is wilted and any liquid has evaporated. Season to taste.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mascarpone, milk, eggs and cheddar cheese. Season to taste with nutmeg, a bit of salt and pepper.
- Spread the drained vegetables on top of the puff pastry.
- Pour the mascarpone mixture evenly on top of the vegetables.
- Cook in the oven for around 20-25mins until top is golden.
- Let the quiche cool down for 10 mins before serving.
I cannot wait to see your posts!