Buckwheat Banana & Date Bread [vegetarian]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 250g buckwheat flour [8.8oz / US 1 3/4 cups]
- 3 overripe bananas
- 15 pitted dates
- 4 Tbsp honey (or agave syrup or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 chia egg
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil [75ml when melted or US 1/3 cup]
- 125g walnut [4.4 oz]
- 2 handfuls of pumpkin seeds
- dairy free butter for greasing
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Prepare chia egg by mixing 1 Tbsp of ground chia seeds with 3 Tbsp of water. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Grease a 900g (2lb) bread / loaf pan.
- Shift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until puréed.
- Add vanilla and melted coconut oil to the bananas.
- Blend banana mix with the dry ingredients.
- Add honey (or favourite sweetener) and chia egg to the dough. Make sure everything is well mixed together.
- Stirring with a wooden spoon, add chopped dates, chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour mixture into the bread tin and even the dough.
- Cook for around 50-60 mins or until an inserted cake skewer comes out completely clean. Check from 45 mins onwards. Cool completely before serving. Keep up to 4 days in an airtight container.
This delicious curried butternut squash soup makes such a comforting...
Quick and easy to prepare, this roasted cauliflower salad is...
Cooked in a light and fragrant coconut and tomato sauce,...
Summer on a plate, this watermelon and halloumi salad is...