This vegetarian Leek & Spinach Crustless Quiche is a lighter seasonal alternative to quiche.
This vegetarian Leek & Spinach Crustless Quiche is a lighter seasonal alternative to quiche. It’s delicious and also gluten-free! You will not miss the crust and simply enjoy the scrumptious filling. This is a great recipe for lunch, dinner or as part of a buffet.
I add a baking sheet at the bottom of the pie dish so that this quiche can be taken out of it and served on its own.
In the method below, make sure the vegetable mixture is as dry as possible in step 4 so that the quiche holds together. Once cooked, cool it a little so it is easier to cut.
Serve it warm or at room temperature with a crunchy green salad.
Leek & Spinach Crustless Quiche [vegetarian] [gluten free]
- Frying pan
- pie dish (Ø 23cm / 9 inches)
- 400 g leeks
- 3 big handful of spinach
- 4 organic eggs
- 200 g feta cheese
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 50 g cheddar
- 75 ml milk
- 3 roasted red peppers – from a jar
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Gently fry the onion and garlic for 10 mins until soft and golden.
- Add the finely chopped leeks and cook for another 10 mins.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted and vegetables liquid has evaporated. You want the mixture to be as dry as possible.
- Remove from heat. Add finely the sliced red peppers plus drained crumbled feta. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Beat the eggs together in a separate bowl. Blend in cream, milk, shredded cheddar cheese. Add finely chopped basil. Season to taste.
- Line the bottom of a pie dish (Ø 23cm / 9 inches) with some baking sheet. Brush some oil over it.
- Pour the vegetable mixture in the pie dish. Add the egg mixture on top. Spread it evenly. You also want to press some of the egg mixture in with a fork so the quiche binds evenly.
- Cook for 25-30 mins until golden and set.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 mins before serving. Remove from pie dish and discard baking sheet.
I cannot wait to see your posts!