Soft, velvety and warming this sweet potato, carrot and cardamom vegan soup is delicious. Coconut milk, lime and coriander add a slight Asian twist to it. Everything is understated yet it is a perfect flavour blend.
Sweet Potato, Carrot and Cardamom Soup [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1kg sweet potatoes [2¼ lb]
- 600g carrots [1lb 5oz]
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 6 cardamom pods
- 2 cm fresh ginger root [3/4 inch]
- 400ml coconut milk [UK 14fl oz / US 1 ½ cup]
- 2 lime juice
- small bunch fresh coriander
- 1.6 litre vegetable stock [UK 3 pints / US 6 ½ cups]
- salt & pepper
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes and carrots in 2 cm dice.
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Deseed cardamom pods and crush the seeds finely. Fry in the onion mixture along with the coriander powder and grated ginger.
- Once the onions are soft, add the sweet potatoes, carrots and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil then cook covered under medium heat for 25-30mins until vegetable are soft.
- Liquidise the soup. Return to the hob. Add coconut milk, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Season to taste.