This vegan soup combines the sweet taste of parsnips and peas with fragrant warming rosemary.
It has a lovely and velvety green texture. A definite Winter warmer!
Parsnip & Pea Rosemary Soup [vegan]
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 500 g parsnips
- 1 large onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 750 g frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves – chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the roughly chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves. Fry until soft.
- Add the chopped rosemary and fry for 1 min or so.
- Add the parsnips (peeled and cut in 1cm thick slices).
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring to boil, then cook covered under medium heat for 15-20 mins until parsnips are soft.
- When the parsnips are soft, add 2/3 frozen peas and cook for 8 mins until peas are cooked.
- Puree the vegetables with a liquidiser until the soup is smooth. Add more water or stock to desired consistency. Season to taste.
- Add a 1/3 of frozen peas left. Bring back to the boil and cook for another 8 mins under medium heat until peas are cooked.
- Serve with a slice of chunky bread.
I cannot wait to see your posts!