Thick and velvety, this Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Lentil Soup is full of body and taste.
Thick and velvety, this Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Lentil Soup is full of body and taste. Warming lunch or dinner, this is an ideal dish to warm up to on a cold winter day. This is a perfect budget and comfort food recipe that the kids will enjoy too.
A nutritious meal option, soup is one of my favourite to-go lunches. You can find more of my favourite soup recipes here.
Roasting the vegetables first brings out their flavours, so you do not have to add too many spices or herbs. There is no need for cream as lentils add some extra creaminess as well as iron, fibre and healthy low-fat proteins.
For an extra kick, you can top this soup with fresh parsley and hot chilli powder, but chilli oil or hot paprika also work well. If you have some homemade vegetable stock, it will work brilliantly instead of store-bought equivalent.
You can serve this Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Lentil Soup with crunchy bread and a green salad. I also like to roast a few cauliflower florets to add on top along with a sprinkle of pumpkin and sunflower seeds for extra goodness.
Roasted Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Lentil Soup [vegan] [gluten free]
- baking tray
- large saucepan
- handheld immersion blender
- 600 g cauliflower florets
- 600 g sweet potatoes
- 125 g split red lentils
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1.75 litre vegetable stock
- 250 ml water
- olive oil
- chopped parsley to serve
- hot chilli powder to serve
- Preheat the oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Put sweet potatoes. Cut in small chunks.
- Cut cauliflower florets in half.
- Spread vegetables on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 25-30 mins.
- 10 mins before the vegetables are done, heat some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic. Fry gently until golden.
- Add lentils, roasted vegetables (without their oil) and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cook covered under medium heat for around 20 mins until lentils are done.
- Liquidise soup. Add water to adjust thickness.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with chopped parsley leaves and hot chilli powder sprinkled on top.
I cannot wait to see your posts!