Quick, easy and healthy, this Smashed Avocado & Broad Beans Toast recipe makes the perfect lunch, brunch or snack.
Nutrient-dense avocados are boosting vitamins, minerals, fibre and healthy fats.
This recipe makes two toasts.
Smashed Avocado & Broad Bean Toasts [vegan]
- mixing bowl
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 handfuls of shelled broad beans – fresh or frozen
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove – crushed
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 thick slices of your favourite bread
- salt & pepper
- smoked paprika – optional
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling add the broad beans and cook for 1 mins (if fresh) or 3 mins (if frozen). Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime cut out the avocado and smash the flesh in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the lime juice, crushed garlic and chopped coriander. Mix together until well blended. Add the tomatoes cut in small dice and broad beans. Season to taste.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread.
- Spread the avocado mixture on top of the slices of bread.
- Eat straight away with a sprinkle of smoked paprika if using.