Spiralised Courgette & Edamame Salad [vegan]
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 medium courgette [zucchini]
- 2 handfuls frozen shelled edamame [200g / US 1 1/2 cups]
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (crushed garlic)
- juice of 1 lime (+ extra lime to serve)
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tamarind paste [or fish sauce for flexitarians]
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 4 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- handful of peanuts
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling add edamame and cook for 3 mins. Drain a set aside.
- In the meantime spiralise the courgette and place into a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make dressing by mixing together sesame oil, peanut oil, vegetable oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, tamarind paste (or fish sauce if using), soy sauce and garlic. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Mix edamame with courgette. Add finely chopped mint and coriander. Toss in dressing.
- Serve topped with chopped peanuts and finely slice chilli.
Quick and easy, this watermelon salad with cucumber and feta...Recipe by theflexitarian |
Loaded with vegetables and fruits these vegan carrot muffins are...Recipe by theflexitarian |